Fusion Gel Stain and Topcoat 31.9 oz.
Gel Stain is available in 4 colours; Greystone, Double Espresso, Black and Patina (which doubles a protective topcoat)
Greystone – Just as it sounds, also lightly pigmented, this translucent warm grey is reminiscent of stone. Perfect to add a bit of a grey tone with your topcoat.
Double Espresso – This coffee brown Gel Stain and Topcoat is the darkest and heavily pigmented of them all. For those projects that need more of a coverup it is easy to achieve a rich and almost opaque finish with 2 coats.
Black – A lightly pigmented Gel Stain and Topcoat in a translucent black. Perfect to add a bit of a black tone while you topcoat.
Patina – Just as the name states, our “clear” Gel Stain and Topcoat is a very durable finish that will give your piece a patina affect.
- This product is a brush on and NOT a wipe on or wipe back product.
- Use a natural bristle brush or a roller to apply.
- Dries to the touch in 8 hours and can be re-coated at that time
- Has a thicker gel like consistency – each color varies.
- Long open time and self leveling.
- Comes in quart size only in 4 different colours.
- 1 coat looks like a stain. Subsequent coats get more opaque.
- Satin finish.
- Laminate, Lacquered, previously painted or coated surfaces.
- Damaged or Scratched surfaces
- Almost a no prep product- just clean and remove any wax or grease. No sanding or de-glossing required to apply this.
- Extremely durable. Excellent for Flooring and heavy use kitchen table tops etc.
- Works on Bare Wood surfaces for a beautiful satin finish.
CLEAN UP AND CURE TIME
- Gel Stain is an Oil Based Urethane that includes a protective top coat
- Mineral Spirits for clean up
- Dries to the touch in 8 hours
- Cures in 5 Days
Clean surface of wax or grease. Sanding is NOT required on your clean and dry surface. Adheres well to old finishes. Two coats may be required if the old finish has been worn down to expose a different substrate or the blemishes are severe. If there is an area where there is an old finish as well as any peeling areas you will need to remove (ensure you take precautions if old surface is a lead based coating) the loose peeling substrate until you have a sound surface.
CLEAN UP AND THINNER
Odourless mineral spirits.
Apply to a clean sound surface free of grease, oil, dirt, shellac or dust. Do not apply to a surface that is wet, or on asphalt, shellac, vinyl or linoleum tile.
Stir thoroughly before applying. Do not shake as you will introduce bubbles. Appears as a coloured gel until stirred. Dries to a satin sheen in the colour of your choosing. (One coat is translucent – subsequent coats can build to a solid color. Test your methods in an inconspicuous area.) Using a brush (or very short nap roller – NOT a foam roller-avoid air bubbles). Dry time is approximately 4 hours at 25°C and 50% relative humidity on most porous surfaces and can be longer if applied thickly or to completely sealed surfaces. Apply a thin coat in a dust free area. Wait 4 hours before recoating if needed. Remember to always test for tackiness prior to re-coating – if it’s still tacky wait another few hours and re-test. (if subsequent coats are desired or surface feels bumpy give a light sanding and remove dust before recoating. If applying to brand new raw wood, the first coating should be thinned by 20% by using 1 part mineral spirits and 4 parts gel stain (dry time will be much shorter on this initial coat). When dry area can be lightly used in 24 to 48 hours. Takes approx. 5 days to cure.
Approx 120 sq ft -Additional coats will achieve a darker, deep rich colour.